Friday 22 February 2013

MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12

MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12
MUA Lipstick Shade 12 
Shade 12 by MUA is a glittery medium toned, hot pink lipstick with peach undertones.  Its not majorly pigmented, but gives a nice amount of colour and sheen to the lips.  The formula is pretty thick and creamy, slightly waxy and has a waxy lipstick smell mixed in with a hint of vanilla.  The lipstick contains chunky pieces of glitter which are ever so slightly gritty on the lips but give a gorgeous sparkly finish.  It reminds me of a lipstick that a Barbie doll would wear.
MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12 Swatch
MUA Lipstick Shade 12 Swatch
I find this lipstick to be moisturising when it's first applied, but after about 40 minutes to an hour my lips begin to feel slightly flaky.  This can be avoided by reapplying often and using a lip balm underneath.  I usually find that I only get around an hours wear out of this lipstick, but for £1 I don't mind too much about having to reapply it often.  It also fades evenly, so if you don't get chance to reapply it your not left with random patches of colour all over your lips.
MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12
MUA Lipstick Shade 12 
This is one of my favourite shades for a lipstick, and I find it really wearable for both daytime and evening wear.  It sits well with my fair skin and blonde hair, I think it would suit pretty much all colourings, but may clash with red heads.
MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12
MUA Lipstick Shade 12 
As with all MUA lipsticks, the packaging is pretty sturdy and not too cheap looking.  It has a sample of the colour in a clear compartment at the bottom which is great when storing it.  My only downside to MUA's packaging is that the shade number is on the lid, so its really easy to get the shade numbers mixed up.

MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12 Swatch
MUA Lipstick Shade 12 Swatch
MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 12 Swatch
MUA Lipstick Shade 12 Swatch

You can get this for £1 at MUAstore.co.uk.

Princess points: 4/5
I love this shade and think you can't go wrong with it for £1, The only downside to it is that you need to reapply it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...