Saturday 9 March 2013

Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow- Pencil Review - Smoky Chocolate

Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil £5.99 
This new eyeshadow pencil from Maybelline is designed to be applied to the lashline, waterline and eyelids.  It's easily smudge-able and gives a gorgeous smoky eye look.  The eyeshadow comes in a stick format making it handy for travelling as you don't need to carry any brushes, plus it has a smudger on the opposite end.  I found this really easy to apply, I first applied it to my lashline and all over my eyelids up to just past my crease.  I then used the smudger to blend the product further upwards towards my brow bones and applied the product to my waterline,
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow- Pencil Review - Smoky Chocolate
Wearing Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil
I found that the pencil had decent colour payoff when first applied, but also smudged to a much lighter more blended shade.  The pencil was soft enough that there was no tugging on my skin, nor was there any from the smudger end.  Unfortunately after only a couple of hours this creased pretty badly even though I'd used MAC's Prep & Prime Highlighter as my base.  It also wasn't easy to smudge the product back into place so touch ups were time consuming and tricky.  
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow- Pencil Review - Smoky Chocolate
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow- Pencil Review - Smoky Chocolate
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil Swatch
Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow- Pencil Review - Smoky Chocolate
Wearing Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow-Pencil

You can get this eyeshadow stick from Boots for £5.99.

Princess points: 3/5
I really struggled to score this product as I absolutely loved how easy it was to apply and how gorgeous it looked.  But due to how quickly it creased unfortunatly this eyeshadow just isn't wearable on my lids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...