Wednesday 5 February 2014

Want to get your hair cut, coloured or styled on the cheap? Here's how...

London Hair and Beauty ShoreditchThere's few things I despise more than spending a ton of money at the hairdressers.  Having gone to numerous award winning salons including Blushes, Cream and Lockonego (Ben Cooke, Victoria Beckhams hairdresser cut my hair here) I have never left feeling truly satisfied with my new style.  Yes the interiors of these salons are pristine and you do get to sip on champagne whilst having a 'complementary' head massage, correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't the sole purpose of spending such a vast sum of money be that you leave with the exact look that you've been dreaming about.

Last week when I was searching for a new hairdressers I came across an advert for a hair training college that were scouting for models.  Having previously trained as a hairdresser I know just how difficult it can be for hair students to find clients to practice on.  Experience has taught me that providing the training college or salon is reputable and of a high standard, very few irreversible accidents occur (as long as your trainee stays away from the bleach!).  So in due course I jumped at the opportunity to have my roots touched up for just £15.
London Hair and Beauty Shoreditch

When I arrived at The London Hair Academy training college in Shoreditch, I was given a much more thorough consultation than I usually had at my previous hairdressers in Cheltenham. The consultation was  first conducted by the student, and then checked and adapted by an experienced hairdresser.  Who recommended doing a colour correction as my hair was an awful bleach blonde shade, with a strip of orange tinge where the dye hadn't been left to develop for long enough during my last root touch up.  Thankfully i didn't have to pay any extra for this, unlike if I had been at an ordinary salon.

Throughout the entire process the qualified hairdresser ensured that the student made no errors, and I was left with an even blonde coverage.  The final result was a lovely warm ash tone that looked natural and healthy.  Having payed little more than I would have for a box dye, I now have a glossy salon quality colour that didn't break the bank!

London Hair and Beauty Shoreditch
The training college I went to is based in Shoreditch and is part of London Hair and Beauty.  Here's a link to their Facebook page where they advertise all their treatments that they need models for.  LdnHairBeauty

There are many more colleges and salons across the country offering cheap cuts, colours, blow drys, set etc.  To find your nearest training institution just search on google.  The college I trained at is Gloucestershire College, they have salons in Gloucester, Cheltenham and The Forest of Dean.  You can check what appointments they have available by calling them on 01684 851 020.

Overall Score: 5/5 
I was impressed at how closely the students were monitored when working on clients hair.  And was impressed with their ability to carry out a colour correction service at such a low price, with an excellent result.

Over the coming months I will be reviewing other training institutions, to find the best and worst places to have your hair done on the cheap.  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...